Friday, October 9, 2009

Going Home to Kuala Kangsar


Masjid Ubudiah, Kuala Kangsar

Tomorrow Morning (Saturday), I'm going back to my wife's kampung (village) in Kampung Kota Lama Kanan to fetch my wife Rozilawati and my son Muhammad Anas. It's been 2 slow and lonely weeks for me without my wife as she had to berpantang at home in Kuala Kangsar. The last time I saw them was during Hari Raya Aidilfitri. I do feel weird and empty though without them. My house seems to be too quiet without hearing Muhammad Anas cries (song to my ear).

Best thing about Kuala Kangsar is that the town  is always quiet and calm eventhough its call Bandar Diraja. Differ alot then KL which is too crowded with people and always on the fast lane on 24/7. After like almost 5 years working in KL with lots of experience such as jammed, jammed and ..... oh yesss jammed again. Not to mention too crowded (did I mention this before) with lots of crimes and accident happened every second. My x-office was situated just next to General Hospital and we can heard ambulance siren every minutes. So, after 5 years, staying sometimes in Kuala Kangsar do make me feel relax with its slow pace of modernisation. You can still find a lot of old buildings that still maintained its character and still occupied by their owner.

In the village is much quieter and more relax. I've enjoyed the scenery with the chirping and buzzing sound coming from birds and bees. Sometimes I take out my camera and lens to capture those beautifies, be it scenery, a macro image of the insects or the long lens to capture the bird (eventhough hard to get). My mother in law always cook something for me eventhough sometimes I'm already full. She do feel afraid that her son in law would be hungry hahahaa. The best part is all the food is cook with original and authentic spices without any artificial flavour. A lot of times, all the ingredients can be taken from her orchard next to our house. We dont even have to buy things like chilli's, tomatoes, brinjal and some nuts. Instead, she sold some of her chillies at the market. Hmmm, not bad for a 60++ women right.

The journey to reach Kuala Kangsar would be around 21/2 to 3 hours from Shah Alam, depending on how fast I drive and how many times i do make a pitstops at R&R. Considering that I am alone, i think that I would reached Kuala Kangsar early hahha. The journey would be long, but it would well worth it. The toll would cost RM 30++. The petrol would be Rm 50++. The joy to see your wife and son again = priceless


Istana lama, Sultan Perak

No comments: